Resources To Help You Analyze An Investment Real Estate Deal
As a service to our VIP and Preferred Investment Property Buyers… we’ve created a few educational resources. If you’re newer to buying investment properties you’ll get a lot from this page. If you’re experienced… there may be a tool or two below that’ll help make things easier for you.
Importance Of Evaluating Deals Correctly
As a real estate investor, you can make or break your investment when you buy. Pay too much for a property and you could lose your shorts. Get a great deal on a property and it makes all the difference in the world. Here at Cash Flow in Baltimore, we feel it’s our duty to help you get the best deals you possibly can… and a big part of that is knowing your numbers. It’s in our best interest as well to help you become the best investor you can… so you keep coming back to us to buy great discounted properties.
Here are a few things every investor should consider:
- Gather information from public records. Information you should look for are year built, square footage, bedroom, and bath count (if available)
- How much is the deal going to cost you (purchase price, repairs needed, closing costs)?
- How are you financing the investment property (hard money, 401K, traditional financing)? What are the lender fees associated (points, interest)?
- What will your carrying costs be (electricity, water, property taxes, insurance, interest or mortgage payments)?
- What is your exit strategy (buy and hold, fix & flip)?
Deal Evaluation Resources
- Simple Deal Evaluation Spreadsheet – Use this Excel spreadsheet to calculate your target offer price, profit, and more. (requires Microsoft Excel to work)
- Property Repair Checklist – Helps you keep track of repair costs so you can build them into your offer